Saturday, May 01, 2010

Grilled Chicken on the Weber Kettle with Nature Isle Caribbean Spicy BBQ Sauce

Last night we grilled whole chicken breasts on the Weber Kettle and sauced them with Nature Isle Caribbean Spicy BBQ Sauce. I won the sauce when I responded to a post on Twitter where you can find me listed as cyndiallison.



I often grill the little boneless chicken breasts. Around here, that's fast food. But, we went with the full chicken breasts tonight which take a bit longer. They are still easy to grill though.

First, we rubbed the chicken breasts with a little Garlic Gold olive oil and then sprinkled on some Chef of the Future Cajun Seasoning which I just had added to my OpenSky store. Don't let the "cajun" part put you off. This is just a very flavorful sprinkle season that is healthy and tastes fabulous but not hot.

Then we used the offset trays for the 22.5 inch Weber Kettle. You can get a similar effect by stacking the coals on each side with space in the middle, but it is really convenient to have the charcoal holders.

With larger cuts like the big chicken breasts, we grilled lid on or convection. It is much like baking at home. Vents both top and bottom were wide open for this barbecue grill session.



The total time for large bone in chicken breasts on the Weber with offset heat is around 45 minutes. The temperature should be around 165 degrees F in the thickest part of the chicken, and I like to use a very basic Taylor but accurate pocket thermometer. I do have some fancy probe thermometers that ring when the meat reaches temp, but I find the pocket version to be more convenient.



When the chicken was getting close done, we sauced them with the Nature Isle Caribbean barbecue sauce. The sauce goes on close the end - like the last 15 minutes or so. Otherwise, it burns. You just want the bbq sauce to set and not char and taste burned.



Boy, this chicken turned out pretty! And, it was just as yummy as it looks here. I never PhotoShop my photos. For starters, I don't know how (-:

The Nature Isle Carribbean is a sweet barbecue sauce with lots of flavor but no major heat. It is just a burst of flavor pleasure. The island theme makes sense. I could see sitting on the beach and eating this chicken sauced with Caribbean Spicy.

2 comments:

Weber Summit Grill said...

I love this one! It looks really good! I bet the smell of the barbeque can make anyone crave for it! Chicken breast plus a spicy BBQ sauce is the best! :D Big fan of spicy BBQ recipe here... :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog layout!
How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging
look easy. The overall look of your site is wonderful, let alone
the content!