Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ostrich Jerky from the House of Jerky - Yum!



Tonight I had my son pick one of the jerkies from House of Jerky. He had a hard time deciding, but he finally settled on Western Ostrich jerky. He is not the most adventuresome eater, but I think he figured it would be cool to go to school and tell his buds that he ate ostrich.



As with all the House of Jerky products, the ostrich jerky was high quality. Thicker cut and with much more flavor than the jerky that is sold at the grocery store. Also, you can get more interesting flavors as far as the meats (like ostrich) and then more unique spices mixed in.

Ostrich is sweeter tasting and had some soy sauce and teriyaki mixed in with the peppers and other seasonings.

I eat a wide range of foods and have eaten ostrich before - but not ostrich jerky. I enjoyed the heck out of it. I'd rate the beef and ostrich (the two flavors we've tried to far) as equal. Both great.

My son, the meat and potatoes kid, said he'd vote on the pepper beef jerky. He liked the ostrich though and certainly chowed down on it. He said is was real good but just not as good as the beef. So, I'd say folks who eat more traditional foods may want to start out with beef jerky . . . and then check out some of the more exotic jerky flavors. For those who enjoy checking out new foods, ostrich would be a great pick.

Regardless, I don't see how you could go wrong with House of Jerky. A friend told me they had really great products, and he was right. I think I am going to be disappointed with grocery store jerky after trying these homemade tasting jerkies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats high to you send, intention look progressive in the direction of more interdependent articles promptly as its united of my pick issue to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.