Friday, July 27, 2007

Castleberry's Chili Recall - Oops - I have a can of this.


If you have a can or cans of Castleberry's chili sauce in your cabinet or other products made by the company, be sure to read the recall information.
The original recall was July 18 and included only the chili sauce with "use by" dates from April to May 2009. The recall has been expanded. The list includes more products now and also batch numbers rather than just the "use by" dates.
I just checked my cabinet, and I have a can of Castleberry's chili sauce. I usually make my own, but I happened to have a can on hand if I wanted grilled hot dogs and didn't want to take the time to make chili.
The use by date is hard to read. It appears that mine is March of 2009 for "use by," but when I check back on the batch numbers, my can falls in the recall.
The concern with the chili sauce is botulism. Whew. Don't want to get that. That would be one sure way to ruin a barbecue.
Check your cans!

No comments: